Full time job
Location: Montreal or Ottawa
The Middleware Software Developer will be under the supervision of the Software Development Director. As the Middleware Software Developer you will design, develop and maintain a comprehensive middleware software library that will expose the entire functionality of a breakthrough flash-based storage product line for the enterprise market that the company is currently developing. The library will be utilized by various system
management software apps that the company and other 3rd party software vendors will be developing.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Design and implement the storage middleware software library.
• Integrate the library with kernel drivers and the application software modules.
• Participate in the definition of specifications and schedules.
• Participate in the quality assurance, maintenance and SDK documentation processes.
• Computer Science or Engineering degree.
• Overall work experience: 2 to 5 years, including:
o Common scripting language (perl/python/bash/...)
o Windows, Linux/Unix and VMware or at least two of the three.
o Low-level system programming.
o Experience with threading, locking and mutex programming concepts.
o Unit testing / test driven development
o Software debuggers and profilers.
o Interaction with hardware adapters.
o Preferable to have experience in the field of storage or networking technologies.
o Client/server and hypervisors environments.
• Strong conceptual abilities in writing cross platform code.
• Conceptual creativity
• Autonomous and self-driven
• Tenacious and meticulous
• Excellent ability to work in a team
• Competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance group plan and several other social benefits are offered
About Diablo Technologies (www.diablo-technologies.com)
Diablo is a private-held fabless semiconductor company based in Ottawa and soon in
Montreal. Our company is focused at designing complex sub-micron ASIC products
along with a comprehensive stack of software drivers and SDK for the server and storage
industries. Our products aim at high data rates, low power, and low latency. Our
customers are international OEMs that utilize our advanced ASIC and SDK in highperformance
enterprise and data-center applications.
To apply for this job please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and refer to the job ‘Middleware Software Developer’.