Full time job
Location: Montreal or Ottawa
The Software Quality Assurance Lead will be under the supervision of the Software
Development Director. As the Software Quality Assurance Lead you will be in charge of
the software testing strategy, implementation and execution at Diablo Technologies. You
will be supervising a group of 2 or 3 software testers.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Conduct software tests with application software, software drivers and hardware adapters for various operating systems in an enterprise server environment.
• Develop methods and procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
• Design and develop automated testing programs and tools in C/C++ that address areas such as software scenarios, functionality, regression, fuzz, performance, reliability, and usability testing.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Document test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards.
• Evaluate and recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
• Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
• Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Manage the tasks assigned and the work results of the software testers under your responsibilities.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
• Coordinate OEM customers and software partners testing and certification.
• Conduct historical analyses of test results.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
• Visit beta testing sites to evaluate software performance.
• Computer Science or Engineering degree.
• Overall work experience: 2 to 5 years, including:
o Common scripting language (perl/python/bash/...)
o Windows, Linux/Unix and VMware or at least two of the three.
o Interaction with hardware adapters.
o Preferable to have experience in software testing in the field of storage or networking technologies.
o Client/server and hypervisors environments
• Strong conceptual abilities in writing cross platform code.
• Passion for doing things right
• Care about details
• Autonomous and self-driven
• Tenacious and meticulous
• Excellent ability to work in a team
• Competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance group plan and
several other social benefits are offered
About Diablo Technologies (www.diablo-technologies.com)
Diablo is a private-held fabless semiconductor company based in Ottawa and soon in Montreal. Our company is focused at designing complex sub-micron ASIC products along with a comprehensive stack of software drivers and SDK for the server and storage industries. Our products aim at high data rates, low power, and low latency. Our customers are international OEMs that utilize our advanced ASIC and SDK in highperformance enterprise and data-center applications.
To apply for this job please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the job ‘Software Quality Assurance Lead’.