This position is within the Server Management team and is responsible for the health, security administration and management of CBN’s corporate servers. Although this role is predominantly focused on server management; there is a requirement to assist other infrastructure teams as necessary (including the network and database management teams).
Roles and Responsibilities:
-Perform all system management activities to support and manage CBN’s corporate Server infrastructure (predominantly SLES Linux with some Windows servers). Includes both physical and virtual servers.
-Perform all systems management activities to support and manage CBN’s Storage Area Network.
-Design, plan, install, configure and document new server installation and/or upgrades.
- Perform hardware installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair as necessary
- Perform software installations, upgrades and patches.
-Troubleshoot and resolve system issues including availability, security, stability or performance issues.
-Adopt, implement and continually evolve CBN’s server technology, management tools, systems management practices and standard operating procedures to leverage evolving industry efficiencies.
- Monitor, analyze and optimize system design and configuration to drive increased performance, availability and security.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date system documentation, configuration baselines, performance baselines, disaster recovery plans, etc.
- Ensure systems are backed up nightly and conduct periodic restoration tests.
Develop, test and maintain Disaster Recovery Plans
- Forecast and plan for scalability, performance and capacity requirements
- Migrate physical systems to virtualized environment
- Participate in the 7x24 on-call support pager rotation for server, network and database issues
- Monitor and act upon security advisories.
- Conduct regular log monitoring, vulnerability scans, penetration testing and system health checking.
- Adhere to, implement, evolve and enforce structured system management disciplines and security policies
- Ensure appropriate security analysis is conducted on all applications deployed to CBN systems
- Act as a project lead or advisor to Product/Project managers in the evolution of Business Systems and Technology.
- Review and Approve any and all changes planned to your respective systems.
- Act as project lead for Dept or cross-team technical projects as assigned.
- Provide application level support for CBN custom developed manufacturing systems.
- Become fully knowledgeable on the complete range of CBN Corporate and Manufacturing systems, products and services.
- Keep abreast of new developments and technology and understand how this applies to our existing customers.
- Ensure service level compliance.
Provide both informal/formal training to end-users and/or dept technical staff.
-University Degree (minimum 3 year) in Computer Systems, Engineering or an equivalent combination of Education and relevant Experience.
- Minimum 7 years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing:
Linux (SLES) and Windows Servers
Active Directory, Vmware (ESXi 4/5, VSphere 4/5, Vmotion, VMware Consolidated Backup),Microsoft Exchange
Apache HTTP Web Server
Application Servers (Tomcat experience is required, others are an asset)
- Experience in one or more of the following systems:
-LDAP Directory platforms
-MySQL Database Management
-Oracle Database Management
-McAfee ePO Server
- Experienced with design, installation and management of a SAN platforms including block level backups, tiered storage, snapshot, replication strategies, etc.
- Basic Database management and SQL experience is a considerable asset
- Experienced in implementing and managing clustering and failover technologies for various server platforms and systems.
- Understands the importance and has proven track record of operating within problem, change, capacity management and disaster recovery IT disciplines.
- Understands importance of solid system documentation and can demonstrate examples of.
- Strong service oriented (‘can-do’) culture with a strong focus on the ‘internal customer’ approach, committed to exceeding customer expectations.
- High drive, energy, enthusiastic and self-motivating.
- High command of the English language both written and verbal is essential.
- Successful candidates must qualify for or possess a valid Canadian security clearance (secret)
- Industry certifications an asset, especially CISSP, SANS, ITIL, ITSG
Applications for this job can be made to:
Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited