[oclug] NCD xterm setup

Dmitriy Korovkin korovkin at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 29 16:11:47 EST 2007

Hi Mike,
Sorry, I have more questions than something to say.
1. Does xterm means X terminal or an X application?
2. Is it a hardware X terminal or an old PC turned to an X terminal?
3. Have you looked at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/XDM-Xterm/index.html ?

Font server should be configured in /etc/X11/fs/config
no-listen = tcp must be commented out.
I'm not sure, but there are the following files to look at:
/etc/hosts - the NCD should be listed there
/etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config
/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess - configure access to the XDM
/etc/inittab - set up the default runlevel (5)
probably others.
Good luck

Dmitriy