[oclug] Customer Service Engineer job opportunity, Linux, Solaris,
bhudson at nuvo.com
Thu Aug 23 16:40:45 EDT 2007
Nuvo Networks has an immediate opening for an intermediate to senior
Linux/Unix admin. If you are interested, please forward your resume to
bhudson at nuvo.com.
- Act as a 3rd level support resource for the customer care center on
all problem management activities.
- Responsible for the change engineering activities for his/her assigned
accounts. The CSE may also be required to execute more complex changes
for his/her own accounts.
- Manage, escalate and drive satisfactory resolution of customers'
technical support, service and security issues based on NUVO security
- Proactively and reactively interface via regular service review
meetings with server customers in the management of technical issues as
well as collaborating in planning, implementation, skills and knowledge
transfer and day-to-day operation of new/expanded services.
- Proactively communicate tailored information to individuals within the
customer organization to increase/maintain the operational health of
NUVO server service solutions.
- Identify opportunities for NUVO to assist customers through expanded
services and engage appropriate resources within NUVO to drive those
- Proactively monitor technical issues pertaining to servers at customer
sites and make recommendations to reduce the risk/impact of similar
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current server solutions and
products, as well as their integration and methods of support delivery.
- Lead in sharing of best practices with team members to contribute to
enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support.
Technical Requirements: (Unix)
* Administration experience with Linux, Solaris, HP-UX or AIX.
* Solaris 7-10
* AIX 4.3.3, 5.1
* Strong knowledge and proven experience working with Patchlink in a
large enterprise solution including configuration and administration.
* Strong knowledge and proven experience working with Compaq/HP,Dell and
* Strong knowledge and proven experience working with Symantec Antivirus
in a large enterprise solution including configuration and
* Experience working with IBM/Lotus applications an asset - Lotus
Sametime, Lotus Quickplace, Lotus Name and Address Book (NAB).
The following experience would be considered to be an asset:
* Compaq/HP Insight Manager, IBM Director or Dell Openmanage
* Installing and troubleshooting WMI or SNMP
* Creating and modifying Login scripts as needed.
* Experience working with SAN technologies
* Experience with Patchlink Consoles and Agents.
* Minimum 3 years working as an Server Customer Service Engineer
supporting organization with more than 500 servers across multiple
* Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate requirements in
technical and non-technical terms to peers and management.
* Excellent writing skills - must be able to create procedures,
Statements of Work, requirements documents.
* Excellent organizational skills - proven track record managing
multiple tasks and requirements in an SLA based environment. Requires
above average time management skills.
* Strong understanding of Problem Management and Change Management
* Knowledge of ITIL model an asset.
* Proven ability to work "outside the box".
* Strong understanding and proven experience deploying server patches
(OS and firmware) in a large enterprise.
* Strong understanding and proven experience managing a backup solution
in a large enterprise.
NUVO - MAXimize IT Availability
Bhudson at nuvo.com
More information about the OCLUG