[oclug] "A Fine Job"
David F. Skoll
dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 23 07:06:03 EDT 2006
Brad Barnett spews:
> All in all, Saddam did a fine job running that country, considering the
> religious and political infighting that it was under on a daily basis.
Here's the Brad Barnett Guide to Running a Country:
1) Commit genocide against minority groups in your country (hundreds of
thousands of Kurds in the North; Shiites in the South.)
2) Use poison gas on your own citizens, killing hundreds of men, women and
children, just because they're Kurds.
3) Start a vicious, bloody and futile war against your neighbour Iran, ending
up with millions of dead for no reason.
4) Invade a small neighbour, just for the hell of it.
5) Implement a policy of "Arabization" - move members of your ethnic group
into Kurdish cities to eliminate any chance of autonomy.
Mostly, I can ignore the foolishness spouted by knee-jerk American-haters,
but this was just too much.
More information about the OCLUG