[oclug] How open nature of Linux can work against it.

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Sun Aug 13 02:53:00 EDT 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Robert Brockway wrote:

> I think this is the crux of the problem right here.  For MS-Windows the cost
> of validation is shared out among all users even though almost none of them
> care.

This sounds a bit like the entire OS is validated.  That was not my
intention.  The aim is to have the OS and applications validated to the
extent that certain actions occur as they are prescribed.

I found this on computer system validation for Pharmacology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validation_%28drug_manufacture%29#Computer_System_Validation

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net

If you are emailing regarding an open ticket please consider
mentioning the ticket ID as this will assist us in responding
as quickly as possible.