[oclug] Corel PrintHouse look-alike

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Fri Sep 9 19:25:08 EDT 2005

Allegedly, on Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 04:55:46PM -0400, CroombeFP stated:
> Does anyone know of a package which more or less replicates the
> abilities of Corel's PrintHouse Magic? I am particularly interested in
> making my own greetings cards which I used to do under Windoze using
> Corel stuff which, naturally, is not available now even to run under
> Windoze, let alone Linux.....
>
> CroombeFP

'Scribus' is free software in the desk-top publishing (DTP) category.
It may be overkill for greeting cards, but I expect it could do that and
a lot more.  There may be a learning curve involved.

Have Fun with GNU/Linux,
Raymond
--
"Be Nice, or Leave - By Order of the Management"
(Sign above door, Black Sheep Inn, Wakefield)