[oclug] Creating a dvd video

Allan Mcintosh amcintosh at atreus-systems.com
Thu Sep 1 16:25:23 EDT 2005

>The skip and refuse to play is what we see, too, either with cheap media or using -R in a device that likes +R (or vice versa).

Aren't standards convenient? I was thinking that perhaps, it was the
encoding of the video that caused this.
I have tried Memorex DVD+R and cheap DVD-R. Nothing seems reliable.

Have you found a media that seems reliable yet?

This is a huge pain for me. I took hundreds of photo's on a recent trip
to Jamaica while visiting all of my family there.
I made a dvd movie with music to share the pictures of my cousin's
wedding and so forth. Not everyone has a computer there, but *everyone*
seems to have a DVD player. However, I am hesitant to send copies down
as they may not play for everyone or anyone!
grrrrrrr