[oclug] Header Question

farrell at cyberia.coldstream.ca farrell at cyberia.coldstream.ca
Tue Apr 19 20:08:23 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, miden wrote:

> This is my lucky day. I've just received an offer from the lovely (I
> assume) Karina and a finance company with a hotmail account. I found the
> following when looking at the message source:
>
> Newsgroups: denounce benthic, selfish archdiocese, beefy cocklebur,
> arabesque configure, soliloquy monocular
> Phone: 1-(653)-358-2486
> Comments: backbone nugget airman mateo armload vacillate sculpture
> andrew ballfield frigidaire ewing blond
>
> Would these lines ever appear in a legitimate email and if so what would
> be their function? I've never seen it before.

	Random words are there to try and confuse spam filters. Plain and
simple.

ttyl
     Farrell

---
"Life is change. When you stop changing, you start dying. But always remember
the past, for it is where you have been, and to loose your past is to loose
your roots. And without roots, the first strong wind will topple you."

Check out my Tech Journal at http://slashdot.org/~farrellj/journal/