[oclug] Procmail -> NNTP?

farrell at cyberia.coldstream.ca farrell at cyberia.coldstream.ca
Mon Apr 11 18:15:58 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Spencer Cheng wrote:

> The function I find really useful about Gnus is the scoring. Very
> useful for prioritizing the messages (Linus has higher prio than Usenet
> kook of the month). I don't think gmail has that. Procmail is already
> dropping the different mailing list into separate mailboxes for me. I
> just want it to drop the email into something that looks like a NNTP
> spooler.

	If I remember correctly, back in the BBS days, there used to be
NNTP<->SMTP gateway software that some WAFFLE BBS people were using...but
they were doing the opposite, tacking an NNTP feed, and turning it into a
mail base...but it should operate fine for what you are doing...or maybe
not. That's the closest I can remember for software that does what you want
to do...

ttyl
     Farrell

---
"Life is change. When you stop changing, you start dying. But always remember
the past, for it is where you have been, and to loose your past is to loose
your roots. And without roots, the first strong wind will topple you."

Check out my Tech Journal at http://slashdot.org/~farrellj/journal/