[oclug] RFP: linux-jobs mailing list
dmo at magma.ca
Tue Jan 13 21:11:23 EST 2004
It seems there are a lot of people, both on this list and elsewhere, who
are looking for work. There's also, undoubtedly, a number of employers
out there looking for Linux-capable developers, sysadmins, and
techsupport people. It would be nice if OCLUG could do something to
help its members in search of new employment, and those in search of a
So, I propose that a new OCLUG list be set up for linux-related job
postings and resume postings. Here's the basic ideas:
1) The list will be a moderated list, named linux-jobs, served from
the OCLUG server and run by a volunteer or volunteers chosen by
the OCLUG board.
2) The list will be for the posting of job openings located in
Ottawa, and for the posting of resumes of OCLUG members. This
will be enforced via moderation. Discussion or critiquing of job
postings and resumes is generally not productive in a public
forum, so the list will remain closed.
3) All list posts should be prefixed by [JOB] if it's a job
opportunity, and [CV] if it's a resume posting (why CV? Because
it's shorter to type than resume) in order to make them easy to
4) A limit of two weeks between:
- reposting of a previously-posted position
- reposting of an individual's resume
should be respected. Violators will be warned once and
blacklisted from posting for a suitable period of time on
5) The list archives will be publically available. Email addresses
will be obfuscated to help prevent harvesting. Phone numbers and
addresses are posted at the poster's own risk and will not be
6) A maximum of 3 months of archives will be kept to prevent anyone
being annoyed by responses to old postings.
Comments? Suggestions? Flames?
More information about the OCLUG