[oclug] help editing /etc/init.d/network
ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 11 09:26:02 EDT 2004
Hi I am trying to install packages over the network or at least copy
them over the network by ftp. I have the debian 2.1 base system
installed. I also have installed the correct driver for my ethernet
card. My D-link router is 192.168.0.1. can someone suggest values for
these items please.
from section 3.2 debian 2.1 install manual
Your host name (you may be able to decide this on your own).
* Your domain name.
* Your computer's IP address.
* The IP address of your network.
* The netmask to use with your network.
* The broadcast address to use on your network.
* The IP address of the default gateway system you should route to, if
your network has a gateway.
* The system on your network that you should use as a DNS (Domain Name
* Whether you connect to the network using Ethernet.
* Whether your Ethernet interface is a PCMCIA card; if so, the type of
PCMCIA controller you have.
thanks for any help.
Peter Timusk, B.Math, just trying to stay linear.
More information about the OCLUG