[oclug](Fwd) Re: [oclug-events][OSW] Questions for BOSS Panel
dan at langille.org
Fri Jan 17 12:25:14 EST 2003
Dave's had one reply to his request for panel questions. Here's what
I sent him a while ago. Hopefully this will be a catylyst to prompt
We need more people to participate.
------- Forwarded message follows -------
From: Dan Langille <dan at langille.org>
To: oclug-events at lists.oclug.on.ca
Subject: Re: [oclug-events][OSW] Questions for BOSS Panel
Date sent: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:52:25 -0500
On 7 Jan 2003 at 14:56, Dave Edwards wrote:
* What is the biggest factor which is preventing wider acceptance of
open source software in business?
* What business sectors do you feel are most receptive to OSS?
* What business sector do you think is most approp
* Some companies are extremely wary of the GPL and are preferring a
BSD-type license. What advice do you have for them? Please refer to
both producers and consumers of OSS.
* Given that many offices today use the Microsoft Office suite, what
open source software suite would you suggest they convert to? This
includes the operating sytem, window manager, and office suite.
* How comparitive is the cost of ownership from a Open Source product
compared to a commerical product?
* How is open source software addressing the issues of training and
technician certification? (e.g. MS certifications).
------- End of forwarded message -------
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
More information about the OCLUG