[oclug]mice and laptops

Gerald Oskoboiny gerald at impressive.net
Sun Nov 24 19:16:43 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:14:33PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Hey people,
>     If I want to use a usb mouse with my laptop occasionally, but typically
> use the pad, is there a good way to switch between them without hacking the X
> config file and restarting X?

Yes... if you set things up right you can plug/unplug the USB mouse
and use it and/or the touchpad any time, even both at once. I bought
a USB mouse last week and this works fine (with my Sony Vaio, which
has a touchpad.)

I used some docs my friend wrote:

I was going to include the relevant bits from my XF86Config here,
but it's identical to the stuff given at the first URI above.
(the "Built-In TouchPad" and "USB Mouse" sections)

Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald at impressive.net>