[oclug] convert openoffice doc convert to pdf
chris123 at magma.ca
Sun Aug 11 22:33:38 EDT 2002
On August 11, 2002 09:57 pm, Vic Gedris wrote:
> Yes, there is.
ps2pdf test.ps test.pdf will certainly work. There is a more comprehensive
method for users of CUPS and KDE print system, available for gnome also.
Steps as follows:
1. Set up your standard print environment with CUPS.
2. KDE3 users can use Konquerer to set this up, or whatever your favorite tool
3. sux to root and the run ./spadmin from you user account
4. the default printer will be typically Generic Printer, use this to test the
5. Use the properties button to change the command line options to "kprinter
--stdin" without the quotes, click OK and close.
6. Now when you print any file, the kprinter subsystem is activated and your
have all the options you want; print to pdf, mail as pdf, print to printer,
send fax if you have a fax sub system, or any other suedo printer you have
7. This suedo printer subsystem can get very interesting. See:
http://printing.kde.org/documentation/contrib/kprinter/ for details.
8. If you are on windows, use the latest GS and Redmond to set the same
capability in windows any flavour. Read the docs carefully as there are a few
gotcha's like GS being unix based does not take paths with spaces..:) so the
easiest is to install to c:\gs to avoid the hassles of program`1 notation in
More information about the OCLUG