[oclug] Declaration of Independance

Francis Pinteric linuxdoctor at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 10:24:06 EST 2001

--- Dave Edwards <amoamasam at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I thought this was interesting, particularly as it comes on the
> same day
> as the latest Micarthyism.
>
> http://springboard.dyndns.org/FD-IT/freedom

<quote>
Commercial Organisations are created to serve the People, deriving
their just powers from the consent and free choice and will of the
People.
</quote>

I've never liked the American Declaration of Independence because, as
far as states are concerned, they derive their power from God and not
the people and states govern their citizens at His pleasure. In other
words, democracy is a no no.

Corporations, however, do not enjoy this divine right, and therefore
for them, corporations should be democratic.

In North America we have it backwards. The state is democratic and
the corporation is authoritarian.

>>>--fja->

=====
News Item: